How to Remove the Hard Top on a Jeep Wrangler
There’s nothing better than summer driving in a Jeep. With removable doors, Jeep vehicles allow you to drive under the sun with the wind in your hair and the music blasting. While Jeeps are suited to all seasons, they really shine in the summer. As the temperatures warm up, now is a great time for a Jeep Wrangler hard top removal. Check out our Jeep Wrangler how to remove hard top guide below. And visit Ray CDJR to learn more about the 2023 Jeep Wrangler hard top today!
Open Up The Fun And Sun
The available Sunrider for Hardtop gives you the best of both worlds—quick access to fresh air and sun along with the premium weather protection of a high-strength hardtop. With an array of available top options, like the Jeep Wrangler TJ hard top, their adventure vehicle offers numerous ways to experience true open-air freedom. Plus, the available Door-Off Mirror Kit and available mounting brackets let you experience full-on freedom by removing the doors while keeping the benefits of having mirrors.
For your hard top removal Jeep Wrangler, simply follow these simple steps:
- Begin by removing the front panels. There are six latches holding the two front panels on, three up front, and three in the back. Pop out the sun visors so you can reach the latches behind them. Go around and unlatch all six latches.
- Once the latches are unhooked, lift up on the driver-side panel to remove them, and do the same for the passenger side.
- To remove the rear section of the hardtop, let’s start with the top. There are two T40 Torx bolts on each corner that need to be removed. With those two bolts removed, we can move to the rear!
- Once all of the bolts are removed, disconnect the electrical connection by pushing on it and pulling it off — it’s that simple!
- Grab a friend! It is highly recommended that you do not try to take the rear section off by yourself unless you have a hoist or other system in place.
- Once you have some help, lift up from the center of the top and pull back.
- That’s it! Make sure to place your Jeep Wrangler hardtop in a safe and secure place when it’s not in use. When you’re ready to put the hardtop back on, just reverse the process.
Visit Ray CDJR!
Looking for a Jeep dealer near me? A premier Fox Lake Jeep dealer, Ray Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram offers a wide selection of cars to help make the buying process easier and as quick as possible. Some say that we, here at Ray CDJR Fox Lake, have the largest selection of new and used Jeeps for sale near me. Our staff is waiting to help put you in the vehicle of your dreams. Visit us to test drive a Jeep with the hard top removed today!